- Last year sinatraa was accused by his ex-girlfriend he abused her
- This led to an investigation, where sinatraa’s fellow VALORANT player Dafran defended him
- He called sinatraa’s ex a liar before, but has recently apologized to her on Twitter
VALORANT player Defran apologized for the things he said to Cleo “cle0h” Hernandez, Jay “sinatraa” Won’s ex-girlfriend, following the sexual abuse allegations scandal of last spring.
In march last year, the former Overwatch League star turned Sentinels VALORANT pro Jay “sinatraa” Won was accused of sexually abusing his ex-girlfriend, Cleo “cle0h” Hernandez. There was no formal investigation, yet sinatraa did not get out unscathed from this scandal, as he was suspended from participation in Riot Games-organized Valorant tournaments for six months because he apparently did not fully cooperate with the company’s investigation.
Fellow ex-OWL pro Daniel “Dafran” Francesca defended sinatraa during this whole debacle, even once stating “e-girls can be f***ing scary”. However, on April 13 Dafran publicly apologized to Hernandez in a series of lengthy tweets. “I called you a liar, and that’s not how it should go about when someone comes out with a story like yours,” he wrote. S
This was quickly responded to by Hernandez, who said that if this is not a genuine apology, then it is an “attempt to get back in the good graces of the overwatch community”.
Dafran quickly responded by saying that he has already talked with many people and read many tweets. This had made him understand the situation and he says his apology is 100% true. “Showing support for the victims coming out is extremely important for the future of stories like yours and of course, you and your story,” Dafran wrote. “I am sorry for the constant harassment you are facing. I know this is on me also. It is disgusting.”
Hernandez responded with a simple “thanks for the apology”.
What is Riot Game’s role in this?
Riot Games’ Global Head of Competitive Operations Alex Francois told Dexerto that the company takes all allegations involving sexual misconduct extremely seriously. He explained that Riot partnered with an outside company to investigate the allegations against sinatraa. However, he says the investigation did not lead to a definitive conclusion.
However, Francois added that “sinatraa conducted himself in a manner that was not up to the standards we expect of a professional player in our ecosystem.” This refusal to cooperate with Riot led to sinatraa being suspended for six months. “At the conclusion of the suspension (September 11, 2021), sinatraa became eligible to return to competition. He remains eligible and free to sign with a team,” Francois concluded.