- Some of the most popular titles on the market will be coming to the Xbox Game Pass
- Game Pass owners will receive big bonuses, including unlocked champions and skins
- It’s expected the games will come to the Game Pass in Winter
Riot is bringing titles like League, VALORANT, and Legends of Runeterra to the Xbox Game Pass with bonuses for Game Pass owners.
Riot and Xbox Enter Partnership
Soon, Riot Games’ biggest PC and mobile titles will be available on the Xbox Game Pass. Owners of the Game Pass will be able to enjoy many of Riot’s games, including League of Legends, VALORANT, Teamfight Tactics, League of Legends: Wild Rift, and Legends of Runeterra.
“We’re bringing together two of the biggest communities in gaming onto one platform,” wrote Xbox in the official announcement. “In a first for Game Pass, the partnership extends beyond Riot’s PC games to include Riot’s mobile-only and mobile-accessible titles.”
The partnership, which was revealed at the Xbox Bethesda Showcase, is one of the biggest such deals the gaming industry has seen. It will facilitate the Game Pass owner’s access to some of the biggest games on the market and given that they’re already free-to-play, it’ll make them even more accessible.
What Will Game Pass Owners Get for Their Money?
The deal will benefit players a lot, as it will unlock content for many of Riot’s games, like:
- League of Legends – the MOBA game is Riot’s flagship title. It features over 160+ champions that will all be instantly unlocked for players who purchase the Xbox Game Pass.
- League of Legends: Wild Rift – this is LoL’s mobile version. The game is built from the ground up and brings the classic 5v5 MOBA gameplay of League of Legends to mobile devices. Unlike its PC counterpart, the has only around 80 champions, but all of them will also be unlocked as part of the Game Pass purchase.
- Legends of Runeterra – this strategy card game based on LoL is available for both PC and mobile. It pits iconic champions against each other and Game Pass members get a head start on the free-to-play friendly PVP card game.
- Teamfight Tactics – another PC and mobile title, TFT is an auto-battler strategy game where players combine League champions and items to defeat the seven other players in a match. Players who own the Game Pass will have access to a rotation of Tier One Little Legend avatars.
- VALORANT – finally, Riot’s popular hero shooter will also be included in the Xbox Game Pass. Members will gain access to all 18 agents on the first day of purchasing the Pass.
“We’ve always respected Xbox’s relentless push to drive gaming forward,” wrote Xbox, “and we’re proud to add our games to the Xbox catalog through Game Pass.” These bonuses are expected to be released in winter.