- Peter Dun is now head of EG’s League of Legends coaching staff
- His former position is taken by Gabriel “Turtle” Peixoto
- The two will have greater responsibilities now
As the new League of Legends season is starting, Evil Geniuses are making substantial changes to their staff.
EG Is Changing Its Staff
Evil Geniuses recently announced they will be doing some shifting in their staff composition. Head coach Peter Dun is going to be promoted to head of EG’s League of Legends coaching staff. He’s been with the organization since November 2020. Another coach who has been with EG from around the same time is Gabriel “Turtle” Peixoto. He will be taking Dun’s place as head coach.
“We have been nothing but impressed with Peter since his addition to our staff last season,” said Evil Geniuses General Manager Andrew Barton in the org’s announcement. With this new and exciting expansion of our coaching staff, we’re thrilled to be moving Peter into a position to have stronger oversight into Academy and Amateur. His primary focus and duties will remain at the LCS level, but we’re also ensuring that other members of our coaching staff have the opportunity and room to grow and develop under the guidance of Peter’s leadership.”
The Two Coaches’ New Responsibilities
Over his years as a coach, Peter Dun has always voiced his opinion on supporting newer players. At his new position, he will be able to guide the development of the organization’s Academy and Amateur lineups. The announcement says that the LCS will remain his main focus, however, the position also offers him “stronger oversight” into the other categories.
On the other hand, the 27-year-old Turtle will become the first Brazilian to take the reins as a head coach in the North American League Championship Series. He expressed his gratitude to EG’s decision on social media, quoting Spiderman’s uncle about the responsibilities to come.
Dun also commented on Turtle’s new appointment, saying he has an excellent approach to the game and coaching. “He is consistently the first person in office and always amongst the last to leave. In addition to his contributions with the LCS team, he has a lot of respect from staff and players across all levels of the organization through his work with both EGA and EGP.”
Right now, the Evil Geniuses’ coaching staff look like this:
- Peter Dun — Head of League of Legends Coaching Staff
- Naser Al-Naqi — Head of Scouting
- Gabriel “Turtle” Chavez — LCS Head Coach
- Earl “Rigby” Han — Assistant Coach
- Connor “Artemis” Doyle — LCS Performance Coach
- Richard “Draxyr” Yuan — Bot Lane Positional Coach
- Razvan Nistor — Top Lane Positional Coach
- Sebastien “zzLegendary” Demontigny — Academy Coach
- Ian “Ido” McCormick — EG Prodigies Head Coach