Reading Time:

Published: February 21, 2024

Written by: Stefan Velikov


  • LOS suffered a series of setbacks over the past month and a half
  • The org and the players mutually agreed to end their partnership
  • The majority of the players will return to the sidelines of Fluxo and Imperial

After failing to make an impact on the North American scene, Brazilian esports organization LOS decided to part ways with its entire team.

LOS Releases Team

Sometimes in esports, an organization might opt to undertake a radical restructuring of its lineup. This could mean that the entire roster is released simultaneously, which is something rare but not unheard of in professional Counter-Strike. In some rare instances, a team might be released not long after it has been signed.

This is exactly what has happened with the Brazilian organization LOS’s roster recently. Yesterday, the organization announced that it is parting ways with its entire lineup just 44 days after the players were signed. According to Dust2.br, the players have already purchased tickets to return to Brazil.

Last month, the team competed in the North America PGL Major Copenhagen Americas RMR qualifiers rather than in South America. However, the LOS did not perform as well as they expected, losing three out of the four matches they played and being eliminated by NRG in the Swiss stage.

However, the team’s misfortunes would continue as after that event, LOS participated in the IEM Chengdu 2024: North American Open Qualifier 1 and 2, where they were also eliminated quite quickly. ESL Chengdu was announced last month, marking the first time since 2019 that an ESL-organized event will be held in China. Unfortunately for LOS, the org will miss that event.

The Brazilian team continued to struggle in the following events, once again failing to go through two qualifiers – Ace North American Masters Spring 2024: Open Qualifier #1 and #2. Their most recent failure was last week when LOS dropped out early from the ESL Challenger at DreamHack Melbourne 2024: North American Open Qualifier.

What Happens Now?

Seeing as things were not working out at all the organization and its players decided that it would be best for both to part ways. “Working hard with the group over the last 60 days, we have ended our partnership today by mutual agreement,” a statement by LOS on Twitter reads.

The post then proceeds to explain that over the past weeks, LOS identified the need to change direction and pieces. The organization further said that it wishes all the best for the players and hopes to see them again in the future. According to rumors, the majority of the players are likely to return to the sidelines of Fluxo and Imperial, as they were on loan from said teams.

“To the fans, we will see you soon in this discipline [Counter-Strike], where we continue to study the market in order to choose a project with our DNA,” LOS ended their statement.

Check out Bitcasino for the best bonuses

From our 5 star review…

“In fact, we would argue that Bitcasino’s esports product is one of the best we have experienced. It’s simple, clear-cut, and offers a variety of products and options that other platforms are failing to deliver on.”

MORE INFO

Similar posts