- Warner Bros.’ platform crossover fighter MultiVersus is coming to Evo 2022
- The game will feature intense 2VS2 action in a competition for the $100 000 prize pool
- Players can register for the game’s closed beta that will be held next week
This year’s Evo event will see Warner Bros. crossover fighter MultiVersus let players compete in 2VS2 teams for a piece of the $100 000 prize pool.
MultiVersus Is Coming to Evo 2022
Fans have been wondering if Warner Bros.’ crossover fighter MultiVersus would be included in the official lineup for Evo 2022. The game was scheduled for a release this year and recently Player First Games has now confirmed that MultiVersus will be included in the event with a $100 000 prize pool.
MultiVersus bring something more unique to the fighting game genre with its extensive focus on its two-vs-two mechanics instead of strictly one-vs-one. What this means is that Evo will be featuring a doubles tournament for a new title at the event. It’s still unknown if the game will be viewed as a main event or just a side event, despite its $100K prize pool.
Fans also recently saw some new gameplay, featuring some of the lead developers facing off against Super Smash Bros. veterans Tyrell “NAKAT” Coleman and James “VoiD” Makekau-Tyson.
How to Play the MultiVersus Closed Alpha?
With its emphasis on 2VS2 mechanics, MultiVersus players will have to team up with a friend, train together, and develop tactics that match their playstyles. To get a heads up start, players can register for the game’s first closed alpha test, which will be running from May 19 to 27 on all available platforms.
To do this, interested players must go to MultiVersus’ official website to register. Once there they must:
- Click on Closed Alpha Sign Up
- Log In with their Warner Bros. account, or create one if they don’t already have it
- Click on the Settings icon located in the top left corner of the screen, after logging in
- Choose Beta Management
Once in this menu, players will be able to see if their account is eligible to participate in the Closed Alpha. If it is, players will be able to redeem Closed Alpha codes in the same panel. Closed alpha codes can only be obtained from other players who are in the alpha. If a player wants to invite a friend, they must:
- Select “Beta Management” from the left menu
- Click the “Invite a Friend” button on the MultiVersus section
- Copy the full URL and send it to the friend
Players will have the opportunity to put into practice what they have learned at the Evo 2022 event, which will be hosted in Las Vegas from August 5 to 7.