- Nadeshot and Excedrin partner together in promoting fighting against headaches
- The collaboration advises against the unhealthy habit of bearing the pain
- Excedrin proposed a six-step method of reducing chances of a headache
In a rather unorthodox partnership, 100 Thieves’ CEO and Excedrin will tackle the common issue of headaches among both professional and casual gamers.
Nadeshot and Excedrin Advice against Living with the Pain
As a former professional Call of Duty player and a current CEO of the 100 Thieves esports organization, Matthew “Nadeshot” Haag knows how much of a problem headaches are in the world of esports. Hence Nadeshot has shaken hands with the Excedrin medication brand that specializes in fighting migraines.
According to research from Excedrin, more than seventy percent of gamers are affected by headaches to some extent. Moreover, almost all gamers have been reportedly spending an increased time gaming because of the COVID-19 lockdown, and as an extension, many had increasingly suffered from more headaches. However, most of the gamers have admitted to not taking measures against the pain and just bearing with it.
Nadeshot emphasized that this is a problem that he himself has experienced and yet is somehow one that is rarely discussed among gamers. The 100 Thieves’ CEO reminded me that physical discomfort could be greatly impactful to one’s performance in video games. And, as he said, no gamer likes that.
“I like to win, and I hate losing more than I like winning. I’m excited to help spread the word with Excedrin so we can all stay focused, compete and—more importantly—crush it”, Nadeshot concluded.
A Mindfulness Routine to Mitigate Headaches
Dr. Elizabeth Seng, a clinical psychologist, serving as Excedrin’s head pain expert, also discussed the problem. According to her, there are numerous landmines that can trigger headaches, especially now that players spend an increased amount of time before the screens.
“Even seemingly ‘small things’ like increased screen time, eye strain, and muscular tension can lead to headaches.”, Seng elaborated.
For that reason, Excedring and Nadeshot’s partnership yielded the following mindfulness routine that lowers the chances of headaches occurring and lowers their impact:
- LEVEL UP YOUR MOTIVATION: Before you start playing, stay positive. Angry gamers are a headache.
- CLEAR EYES, MAX HP, CAN’T LOSE: Pause the game every now and then to look at an object 20 feet away from you. Focus on this object for 20 seconds. Then return to your gameplay.
- TURN ON SOME 8-BIT CHIPTUNES: After a long gaming stretch, throw on some relaxing or ambient music outside of your gaming headset to recharge.
- GET SKETCHY: Pause the game and relax your mind by sketching or doodling – whether it’s one of your favorite avatars, a turtle, or a pirate.
- CONTROLLER HAND MASSAGE ACTION: Put down the game controller and give your hands a break with a hand massage.
- PAUSE FOR DEEP BREATHING: Close your eyes and take a deep breath through your nose, and exhale through your mouth. Repeat this seven to 10 times.