- CoD: Modern Warfare III’s will implement a new Gunsmith system
- It will feature parts that can be added to weapons once the late game is reached
- These parts can be obtained by maxing a gun and completing Weekly and Armory challenges
Modern Warfare III’s developers hope that the introduction of the brand-new “Aftermarket Parks” feature will make the game’s late game gun grind feel a lot more interesting.
New Feature Set To Be Released
We are just a day away from the launch of one CoD: Modern Warfare III, one of the most anticipated games of the year. With the beta having been played over the past few weeks, many fans seem to have mixed feelings about the upcoming title. Some say the game feels too lazy with its newer content while others think it is too close to older titles and not worth the money.
MWIII’s devs hope that the game’s new aspects will be enough to entice players to buy it and are betting on things like the brand-new “Aftermarket Parks” feature. This is a new special customization in Modern Warfare’s Gunsmith system, which takes the form of Conversion kits. In turn, this allows players to build unique and powerful weapon configurations or types. The game’s devs hope this would quell the concerns players had that MWII’s guns would feel boring.
More and more items for the guns will be added as the time goes by, but at launch, the game will have several sets of Aftermarket Parts. To obtain them, players must complete in-game challenges that become available once the supported weapon reaches the maximum level. These can be found under the Weekly and Armory challenges. It should be noted that Weely challenges disapeqar at the end of a season. However, you can still get Aftermarket Parts through Armory Challenges, which have no expiry date.
The game will launch with seven kits which might seem like a small number, compared to the 37 guns that MWII currently has, but as we mentioned, more parts will be added in the future. Currently, these are the guns that have kits for them:
- JAK Heretic Carbine Kit – MTZ-762 battle rifle
- JAK Raven Kit – MCW assault rifle
- Broodmother .45 Kit – WSP-9 SMG
- JAK Annihilator Bullpup Kit – Pulemyot 762 LMG
- JAK Ferocity Carbine Kit – Renetti handgun
- WSP Akimbo Brace Stocks – WSP Swarm handgun
- XRK IP-V2 Conversion Barrel – COR-45 handgun
It would be interesting to see how the meta will change and if it’s going to be a lot, or if the fans’ concerns turn out to be true and the feature turns out to be pointless.