- The event will visit nine cities over 12 spanning 13 festivals
- It will host many CS:GO and fighting game tournaments
- DreamHack Melbourne tickets are already on sale
The decades-long franchise will return in 2023 with its biggest world tour yet.
DreamHack Reveals Its Schedule
Various gaming and esports events have become a mainstay of modern-day culture, often attracting tens of thousands of visitors from around the globe. However, this was not the case decades ago, when video gaming in general was a lot more the domain of nerds and tech geeks. One of the oldest esports events that are still going on, almost thirty years after its first iteration, is DreamHack.
The event, which started in 1994 as a bunch of friends gathered with their computers in a school cafeteria, now hosts some of the biggest tournaments in esports. The event’s organizers recently revealed the full schedule for 2023. DreamHack will be hosted in nine cities, spanning 12 festivals, the first one beginning in San Diego, California in April, Here’s the full list of cities that will host DreamHack next year:
- California USA: April 7-9, 2023 — DreamHack San Diego
- Australia: April 28-30, 2023 — DreamHack Melbourne
- Japan: May 13-14, 2023 — DreamHack Chiba
- Texas USA: June 2-4, 2023 — DreamHack Dallas
- Germany: June 8-11, 2023 — DreamHack Hannovear
- Sweden: June 16-18, 2023 — DreamHack Summer Jönköping
- Spain: July, 2023 — DreamHack Valencia
- India: October, 2023 — DreamHack Hyderabad
- Sweden: November, 2023 — DreamHack Winter Jönköping
- Spain: December, 2023 — DreamHack Valencia
- Germany: December, 2023 — DreamHack Hannover
- Georgia, USA: December, 2023 — DreamHack Atlanta
The dates for the second half of the year are yet to be finalized and this is why they are only the months announced.
What Will Fans Be Treated To?
Visitors to the event will have a lot to look forward to next year. DreamHack will host several big high-level CS:GO and fighting game tournaments, which will be festival highlights across the DreamHack 2023 series.
Some of these highlights include the Snapdragon Pro Series Presented by Samsung – Mobile Challenge North America Finals which will occur at DreamHack San Diego. DreamHack Melbourne will include the ESL Challenge CS:GO series. The game will also be a central feature in DreamHack Dallas, which will host the Intel Extreme Masters CS:GO competition and ESL Impact Season 3 Global Finals.
Hannover will also host a CS:GO ESL Challengers event and the DreamHack Fighters league will compete at DreamHack 2023 Summer. ESL Challengers for CS:GO and DreamHack Fighters will take place at both DreamHack Winter and DreamHack Atlanta.
Impatient fans will be glad to hear that tickets for some of the events are already on sale.
Tickets start at $50 for a one-day adult pass, however, these are just starting prices, so they will inevitably get more expensive. Tickets for the first DreamHack event of 2023 in San Diego will start selling on December 14.