- A new survival horror shooter dubbed Abandoned by Blue Box Games is due to be released next year
- The developer of the new game rejected any links to Silent Hill
- Blue Box revealed that it has received many death threats both online and physical and this needs to stop
Abandoned is a new horror survival shooter that is due to be released next year. The game developer Blue Box Games Studios rejected claims that the new title is related to Silent Hill. For some reason, they have been facing death threats for the last few months. Now, the developer said that the situation escalated as besides online death threats they have received physical ones.
Abandoned: A Long Anticipated Horror Shooter
Blue Box Games Studios' Abandoned is a new horror shooter/survival game that is expected to be released in 2022. What is known so far is that the focus of the game isn't going to be horror only and that the name Abandoned is a codename. According to the game developers, the marketing name will be announced as soon as a gameplay reveal comes out.
Although many horror game fans expected a gameplay review in August, only a teaser trailer was released. Even before the reveal of the teaser, rumors online connected the title to the Silent Hill franchise. However, game developers have denied any links to Silent Hill owner Konami. Additionally, they said that they are not related to Hideo Kojima.
What is more worrying isn't that some fans conspire to connect the upcoming game with other franchises but people who have been sending death threats to the developers. This issue has escalated which resulted in Blue Box addressing it over Twitter.
Online and Physical Death Threats Piling Up
Blue Box released a message “not addressed as a company, but as a group of human beings,” revealing that the situation surrounding the death threats has escalated. The developer said on Sunday that the last few days have been difficult with death threats piling up and this is something that must stop.
“We have been dealing with death threats the past few months and the last few days we have been dealing with it again,” reads a statement released by Blue Box
Moreover, Blue Box said that physical death threats have been received. The company stressed that this is highly concerning and affects the team, other businesses, families and everyone surrounding. The developer added that they want to work in a safe environment and outlined that they won't tolerate this anymore. Blue Box vowed to take action by notifying authorities and providing IP addresses, logs, and camera footage as evidence.
“We understand and appreciate your interest in Abandoned, we are working hard on Abandoned,” added Blue Box Game Studios
The developer acknowledged that they understand the “negative situation” that was created considering the long-anticipated gameplay reveal and understand the frustration of the fans. However, they added that they cannot understand the death threats. In conclusion, Blue Box vowed to start a regular blog and post any news or updates regarding Abandoned via Twitter. Until then, the developer asked the fans to give them space to work on the game.