Magic the Gathering (MTG) is one of the most popular collectible card games out there and it brings you many excellent challenges and betting opportunities. Whether you are competing in the World Championship or trying to place a smart bet, MTG is full of suspense. Today, we bring you the best real-money Magic the Gathering gambling sites that cover all upcoming tournaments, bring you excellent live streams, and offer competitive odds.
Best MTG Betting Sites This Year
Magic the Gathering is a truly popular phenomenon all in its own right, which means you have tons of options to enjoy the game. We make it so that you always have access to the top betting markets that cover MTG tournaments and head-to-head games between the world's finest players.
Wager 5 mBTC &
Get 200 Free Spins
Deposit and get a 100% matched welcome bonus up to 5 BTC
Daily Price Boosts for Dota 2, League of Legends, CS:GO
Magic the Gathering – How to Get Started with Betting
To get started with betting on MTG, all you need to do is pick a trusted website. Our top and most preferred pick here is Pinnacle, which is an established bookmaker that brings you the best possible opportunities around the clock. Players who are new will definitely enjoy themselves and explore the opportunity to place bets on the hottest MTG action.
Once registered, you will be asked to place a qualifying deposit. This is usually around $5. When you do, you can look up what games and tournaments are currently being covered. You can rest assured that the MTG gambling sites we recommend will always cover all major tournaments.
Some may even offer live streaming options so you can follow the competition, but you can alternatively watch everything on Twitch. Just pick the game or player you want to bet on, and place an amount of money you are willing to risk for that player to win. This brings us to the next chapter – what types of MTG wagers are there?
Magic the Gathering Betting Markets and Bets
If you are looking for an excellent variety of markets to bet on, you will undoubtedly find them at the best websites that cover Magic the Gathering Arena tournaments and events. Players are very welcome to take a look at the possible wagers and pick from them freely. Here are several types of wagering markets you can explore yourself.
- Match Winners – A match winner in MTG is actually very straightforward when you think about it. It's just a bet that you place on certain players to win their games and that is it. It's the least complicated market and perhaps the one that you would want to explore in full. Players who are new to MTG betting should definitely focus on this market and this market alone.
- Outright Winners – An outright winner bet is usually placed on the outcome of an entire event and it is also referred to as a future bet. So, if you are betting on a big MTG Arena event, such as the MTG Pro Tour, you can place your bet early on and hope for the best later on.
- Player Props – Player props are bets that are placed on some specific outcome that the websites pose to bettors individually. These bets are very specific, and they are actually a great bit of fun. Most esports players and fans do appreciate a player prop wager for sure. It's a good gamble and brings fair value back to players.
- Parlays – Parlays are bets that you place on multiple selections. Essentially, you are going to agree to carry a little more risk by picking a number of betting options at the same time. In exchange, if your selections (all of them) win, you will end up securing a better payday in the long term which is precisely what many players are looking forward to.
Magic the Gathering Betting Tips
To get better at betting on MTG events and tournaments, you may want to follow our time-tested tips that actually apply to a range of esports betting contests and plays. Still, if you are looking to up your MTG betting game, we are here to help you as well!
Know the MTG Players
If you want to really get a good edge playing Magic the Gathering, you should read into the players. Get to know them and find out why they are so good – or not as good. Following individual players is always important if you are truly interested in making the most out of every bet you place.
Study the Decks
Decks are the bread and butter of Magic Gathering Arena. Basically, the better your deck is, the better you will perform. Of course, decks are not all it takes, or otherwise, the game would not be esports. Still, a sound knowledge of the available decks is definitely one of the stepping-stones of further success. Learning about both players' decks will give you an edge over both your pre-game and live bets.
Watch Live Games and Events
Live streams online will further help you find out more about the game. MTG Arena is very complex, so making sure that you catch yourself up on all that you need to know will be all the difference you need to make an impact on your game. Players are very welcome to watch all tournaments live or even go through the recordings as you will still have plenty of things to learn from them!
Commentary is important. There are very smart people who play MTG and who offer a complete breakdown of things such as the MTG Arena Tour and World Championship. The commentary will educate you about deck strategies, the current game meta, and so much more that you can learn quickly by just knowing what commentator to follow.
Play the Game Yourself
Remember, even if you are not very good at MTG Arena, you can still learn a lot and that knowledge will instruct and guide your next wagers. You will find out how certain decks react to others, and what makes some cards better than the rest. There is much that you need to learn about MTG Arena timing and playing the game will definitely help you catch yourself up quickly and efficiently.
Find the Best Odds for Magic the Gathering
Apart from looking into the game up close, there are other pieces of advice to follow so as to make your next bet a more likely success. Basically, there are things you can do outside of game knowledge.
This is why we recommend all bettors always look for the best odds. How to do this? Well, it's actually very simple – you simply register at two or more bookmakers that offer excellent MTG Arena markets and compare odds in real time.
This way, you will be able to reduce the advantage that some bookies may have by offering some odds that can still be improved upon. Most competitive MTG bettors will definitely focus on two or more esports bookies.
How to Choose a Great MTG Betting Site
We have offered you a quick breakdown of our process when trying to determine which betting sites are actually worth your while. Players who are new will definitely appreciate our reviewing process as it's extensive and always brings you the best possible opportunities to place an MTG arena wager.
- Check the reputation: The first thing we will always do is to check whether an MTG betting site has the necessary reputation. This means that the site has been known to do right and fairly by its customers over the years and is a trusted betting site.
- See what markets are available: Next, you want to make sure that the supported betting markets are actually of interest to you. Some of the popular betting markets available for MTG include match winners, in-play bets, propositions, and parlays all of which we review.
- Excellent customer support: Customer support is evidently one of the most important things that we look for in an esports bookie. We want esports bookmakers to remain competitive across the board and bring you spot-on and quality customer service to help you enjoy your gameplay and betting in real time.
- Spotless mobile functionality: Since we all play, bet and watch MTG Arena on our mobile devices, it definitely helps to have the same opportunity with your phone. You can bet in real-time on your favorite games and matches and have a blast as you go along.
The Don'ts of MTG Arena Betting
While we are happy to provide you with the things that you should be doing in order to give yourself the best chance of winning your bets, we are equally convinced that you also need to look into what not to do. Here are several pieces of advice to follow as well.
- Don't chase your losses – Remember, MTG betting is supposed to be fun. Some bets will win, and others will lose. Whatever happens, there is no need for you to chase your losses.
- Start small – There is no need for you to bet particularly big amounts on MTG events. Instead, focus on some of the smaller bets you can place and see how successful you are.
- Match winners are the best wagers – This is true, you don't want to start with in-play wagers or try to figure out parlays when you can simply stick to match winners.
Betting on MTG Arena Events – Always Fun
Betting on MTG events is always fun and players who are new will definitely appreciate the variety of markets. Picking the best betting site for MTG bets is definitely the best way to move forward with the game, but you will also do well to remember some of our betting tips that will guide your next MTG wager. Remember, the most important thing is to have fun and not worry too much about turning a profit! Bet responsibly and have fun.
Magic the Gathering Betting FAQs
Can I bet on MTG Arena events if I am 18 years of age?
Yes, but it depends on your country and jurisdiction. Many countries in Europe find the legal betting age to be 18. However, in North America, the legal gambling age is set at 21. Mind these differences when you consider whether you can place a bet legally.
Is betting on Magic the Gathering legal?
Yes, betting on MTG Arena is completely legal. You can place real money wagers as long as you are of legal age.
What is the best Magic the Gathering betting site?
This is up for debate, but Pinnacle is known for its early coverage of MTG events. You need to take a look at the recommended esports betting sites at Esports Grizzly and decide for yourself which the best options are.
What is the best tournament to bet on MTG?
The MTG World Championship. The World Championship is without the biggest tournament to wager on if you are interested in Magic the Gathering esports and the best competitors you can find in the game.
Which betting market should I pick to bet on when I start with Magic the Gathering?
Match winner. Match-winner markets are hailed as the most straightforward and easiest to master, offering you the chance to enjoy yourself in real time and have a blast while you are at it. Players who are new will definitely have the chance to benefit from these markets the most.