- DreamHack’s 2022 world tour schedule is out
- The event will be coming to Australia for the first time ever
- Fans will be treated to professional esports tournaments, expos, and more
Australian esports fans will rejoice as DreamHack will host their first event in the country. DreamHack will be coming to Melbourne next year.
DreamHack in Australia
Gaming fans across the world will be treated to 10 festivals in nine major cities and will be able to enjoy a full weekend of gaming-inspired events. The organizers of the event say that it should be perfect for both hardcore and more casual gamers alike.
Next year will be a more special event for Australia, as DreamHack will be coming to Australia for the first time. Melbourne is chosen as the host. The three-day event will feature professional tournaments and on-ground competitions, and it will feature the biggest range of e-sports and gaming content ever seen at an Australian festival.
Why Was Australia Chosen?
ESL Australia’s project manager Brad Baldwin was interviewed by Kotaku on the subject. He was asked why they decided to bring DreamHack Day to Australia to which Baldwin answered: “What better way is there to announce DreamHack’s expansion into Australia than on DreamHack Day, celebrating when DreamHack was founded over 25 years ago!”
He continued by saying the organization team is excited to be able to join the global celebration of DreamHack in what will be an exciting return to live events in 2022 throughout the world. “We’re committed to honoring the vision of DreamHack in Melbourne,” he continued, “working closely together with our global team to incorporate as much of our festival into the DreamHack universe as possible.”
When asked what the process of planning the event was, Baldwin explained that it all begins with convincing stakeholders in the country, to find sponsorships for the event. The next step is finding a suitable weekend in the year, and then deciding on what elements of the DreamHack festivals should make an appearance in Melbourne.
“This event has been years in the making, having involved people from all around the world, and we cannot wait to share this journey with you all and welcome everyone into DreamHack Melbourne in September of 2022,” he said.
What Will Visitors Be Able to See in the Event?
The DreamHack 2022 world tour will feature events in six countries and ten cities around the world. Visitors will be treated to several professional gaming tournaments, the DreamHack expo, on-ground competitions, and many more. Some of the tournaments that will be played on the events will include the League of Legends LCO Split Two Grand Final, the Halo Infinite HCS ANZ Regional, and the CS:GO ESL Challenger No. 50.
Here is the schedule for DreamHack 2022:
- Feb. 11 to 13, 2022 – DreamHack Anaheim, California
- June 3 to 5, 2022 – DreamHack Dallas, Texas
- June 17 to 20 – DreamHack Summer, Jönköping, Sweden
- July 1 to 3, 2022 – DreamHack, Valencia, Spain
- Sept. 2 to 4, 2022 – DreamHack Melbourne, Australia
- Oct. 15 to 17, 2022 – DreamHack Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Oct. 29 to 31 2022 – DreamHack, Hyderabad, India
- Nov. 18 to 20, 2022 – DreamHack Atlanta, Georgia
- Nov. 26 to 28, 2022 – DreamHack Winter Jönköping, Sweden
- Dec. 9 to 11, 2022 – DreamHack Madrid, Spain
Fans can learn more and buy tickets on the official DreamHack website.