- Counter-Strike 2 is a complete update to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- The old game is now not available for play on Steam
- However, all in-game items from CS:GO should have been transferred to CS2
Here’s how you can check if all of your CS:GO items have successfully transferred to CS2 and also what to do if there are any problems.
CS2 Succeeds CS:GO
Now that Counter-Strike 2 is here, many players are wondering if they are able to still play its predecessor – CS:GO. Unfortunately for them, because CS2 is a direct upgrade on CS:GO (much like how Blizzard handled Overwatch 2 last year), it is not possible to play the older game, unless you get an older copy from outside the Steam Store.
The transition to the new title caught by surprise many players who were unaware that it was happening. This posed many to ask the very reasonable question if they had lost their in-game cosmetic items during said transition, or if they were retained in the new game.
Fortunately, when Valve announced it was working on CS2 earlier this year, it said that items will be transferred over to Counter-Strike 2. Players should not worry about manually transferring items from one game to another, as it will happen automatically when they update the game.
Additionally, the marketplace prices of the skins should not change much. CS:GO has become famous for its economy and trade with in-game cosmetic items and it would be a good idea for Valve to try and keep fluctuations in prices caused by the transition to the new game to a minimum. Here’s what you need to do if you want to check if all your items have been properly transferred, here’s what you need to do:
- Launch Steam and click on your username (next to the Community tab)
- Click on Inventory
- Browse through all of your CS2 items and check their current marketplace values
- You will need to go through all of your items and total the amount
- There are third-party tools that can automate this process, but it’s not recommended to link them to your Steam account unless they are from a verified developer
Although there should not be any issues, you may want to get acquainted with what to do in the unlikely event that one or more of your in-game items are missing:
- Reach out to Steam support via the Steam Support website: https://help.steampowered.com/
- Sign in to your Steam account.
- Click the “Help” button in the top right corner of the page.
- Select the category of your issue.
- If you are unable to find a solution to your issue, click the “Contact Support” button.
- Fill out the help request form and click the “Submit” button.
Support is available 24/7, but bear in mind that a response might not come immediately. That being said, this is just a last resort, so feel free to go check your CS inventory when you update the game.