- Overwatch 2’s Season 3 started shaking again
- Symmetra suffered so much from glitches that she became unplayable
- Latest patch fixes this alongside a myriad of other bugs
Symmetra’s turrets became vulnerable to environmental objects with the arrival of Season 3, rendering her unplayable, but Overwatch 2’s latest patch finally fixed this.
Update Fixes a Ton of Issues
Overwatch 2 has been having issues with bugs ever since it launched a few months ago. Now that the game entered its third season, glitches still continue to plague players’ experience. Fans have been continually berating Blizzard about faster fixes and the company has had to answer.
Season 3 has been no exception, with players being frustrated with many bugs. Chief among these negatively impacted Symmetra’s abilities. As this Reddit post shows, the hero’s turret’s weakness suddenly became things like sliding doors and payloads. This bug arrived in Season 3 and suddenly the hero’s turret could be destroyed by environmental objects, leaving it inaccessible until she had died and respawned.
Normally Symmetra’s turrets have a 10-second cool down after use, but once they were destroyed by the new bug, they would not return. This rendered the hero vulnerable to other Ultimates like Reinhardt’s smash and Sombra’s hacks. Although the hero’s win rate has not yet dropped, according to Overbuff (which technically does not draw on any official Blizzard API), it’s highly likely it will do so soon.
Fortunately for Symmetra mains, Blizzard released a new patch on February 21 that fixes Symmetra’s issues, alongside many others. Here are the other bug fixes:
- Modified the way Streamer Protect obfuscates Battle Tags
- Fixed a bug that caused Loverwatch player titles to not display
- Fixed an issue in the career profile where it displayed blank rankings for Competitive Role Queue
- Fixed an issue where if you owned all items in the Hero Pack, the price would display as 0.00
- Fixed an issue with the Season 3 banner not displaying when a player first logs into the game this season
- Challenges with multiple sub-criteria should now track correctly (For example – All-Star, Role Mastery, etc.)
- Mastery of Love and Blushing Pink event challenges now correctly display the 5000 XP reward gained from completing the challenges. (Note: If you completed these challenges before this update, you already received your XP. This was a visual issue only.)
- Fixed a visual issue during Competitive Updates for players in Top 500
- Fixed a bug where mouse sensitivity values with a decimal would be rounded to a whole number
- Fixed a bug where players would end up with a negative balance after making a purchase
- Legacy Credits in the Battle Pass are now silver instead of gold